Regular school attendance has significant impact on a student's success in school and in life. Bensalem Township School District strives to empower students and families to establish and maintain good school attendance habits. Please see the tabs on the right to access information and resources in regards to attendance.
Some important information to keep in mind:
- Students must turn in absence notes within 3 days of return to school in order for the absence to be considered excused (notes can be emailed to the school building's attendance email).
- If a student accumulates 3 or more unexcused absences, the school will send a First Notice letter home.
- If a student accumulates 6 or more unexcused absences, the school will send an invitation to Student Attendance Improvement Plan meeting home.
- Students must be present for 50% or more of the school day in order to be considered to be present for the day.
- 10 unexcused tardies will constitute 1 unexcused absence.
- 10 unexcused early dismissals will constitute 1 unexcused absence.