Student misconduct on a school bus could lead to suspension from the privilege of riding the bus by means of the following procedure:
- For misconduct of an extremely serious nature, parents shall be notified by phone immediately and advised of the fact that suspension of bus privileges is taking place, and the length of time of the suspension and date on which suspension will take effect and end.
- For misconduct that is not extremely serious, the following steps shall be taken:
- The bus driver will complete a bus conduct report. The report will be sent to the school principal.
- The school shall keep a list of all reported incidents.
- Parents shall be notified of each incident of their child's misconduct and told of disciplinary action.
- Parents and child shall be encouraged to meet with the bus driver and principal to seek an understanding and cooperation among all those involved.