Students must have all immunizations completed by the first day of school or they will be excluded from school. Out of State registrations will have 30 days to be in compliance otherwise the student will be excluded.
If the student is in the middle of a series and it is too soon for the next dose, the parents must provide the school nurse with a plan for immunizations (signed by a health care provider). If the student has incomplete immunizations and no medical plan, the student will be excluded from school.
Children in ALL grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis (1 dose on or after 4th birthday) (DTaP)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given) (IPV)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
- 3 doses of properly spaced hepatitis B (Hep B) -
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity (History of chickenpox or antibody titer)
7th through 12th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap)
- 2 doses meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4)
- first dose prior to entry into 7th grade
- a second dose is required at age 16 or prior to entry into 12th grade
For more information visit: