PA Future Ready - Career Readiness
- A more holistic tool for communities to measure school success.
- Less reliant on point-in-time standardized test scores.
- Comprehensive measures that values school's efforts to help all students learn, grow, and succeed in the classroom and beyond.
As part of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), there is six (6) Federal Accountability indicators:
- % Proficient / Advanced on PSSA/Keystone Exams
- Meeting Annual growth Expectations (PVAAS)
- English Language Proficiency
- Graduation Rate
- Career Standards / Readiness
- Chronic Absenteeism
Of the six indicators, four are mandated by the Federal Department of Education and two were selected by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Career Readiness Indicator
The Career Readiness Indicator has several requirements District's must meet. This includes the creation and formal adoption of a Comprehensive K-12 Career Guidance Services Plan. These plans are often referred to as a "339 plan." During the 2018-19 school year, the District created a team of staff to complete this task.
Portfolio Components / Requirements
- By the end of grade 5, the student has produced six or more pieces of evidence or at least two pieces of evidence accumulated by the end of grade 3, and at least two pieces of evidence each year in grade 4 and grade 5. Evidence shall be collected in a manner that validates that all four strands of the CEW Standards have been meaningfully addressed. (Google Drive)
- By the end grade 8, the student has a career portfolio containing the K-5 grade band evidence and an additional six pieces of evidence, or at least two pieces of additional evidence in each of the following: grade 6, grade 7, grade 8. Evidence shall be collected in a manner that validates that all four strands of the CEW Standards have been meaningfully addressed. One of the pieces of evidence for the 6-8 grade band must be the student’s individualized career plan. (Import Google Drive to Schoology)
- By the end of grade 11, the student has a career portfolio containing both the K-5 and 6-8 grade band evidence, and an additional eight pieces of evidence, or at least two pieces of evidence each year, collected in the 9-11 grade band that validates all four strands of the CEW Standards have been meaningfully addressed. At least two of these pieces of evidence for the 9-11 grade band must demonstrate implementation of the student’s individualized career plan. (Naviance)
- PIMS Data Submission - PIMS Student Fact Template - Field 10 (Y or N)
- Creation of Student Career Portfolios (Google Drive, Schoology, & Naviance)