May 27, 2021:
Dear Bensalem Families and Staff:
I hope this letter finds you well as we move into the last few weeks of the 2020-2021 school year.
At last evening’s School Board meeting, the Board of School Directors approved the revised Health & Safety Plan. Listed below are the changes:
- For the remainder of this school year, masks are required for students and staff when indoors, except for Physical Education and dance classes.
- Masks are not required when outdoors at recess. Students are permitted to wear a mask if they wish (or as required by their parent/guardian).
- Modified Quarantine allows students and staff who have been exposed to a positive student or classroom, but are asymptomatic, to continue physically attending school during their quarantine period.
- They must remain in quarantine outside of the regular school day and may not participate in any extra-curricular activities or attend social or unessential school events. Students and staff must be masked at all times when on school property and in class. Additionally, they must be greater than 6 feet away from others while eating and/or drinking.
- If the child is unable to adhere to the requirements of modified quarantine, they will be required to quarantine at home.
- Students or staff members who have a high-level exposure (household exposure) will be notified by the Bucks County Department of Health if they are eligible for Modified Quarantine.
- If the student or staff member develops COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for the virus, however, they will be required to learn from home for the remainder of their 10 or 7 days from exposure.
- On Tuesday, June 1, we no longer have Attestation requirements. The 14-day rolling calendar will be removed from our website. We will, when notified by a student’s parent/guardian, list the case on the website, as we have done throughout the pandemic.
- The volunteer and visitor policy is back in effect and aligns with the current mitigation efforts. All volunteers and visitors must be masked at all times when in school buildings.
- Social distancing remains in effect.
- Parents/guardians are required to conduct symptom assessment and temperature checks with minors prior to sending them to school. If your child develops symptoms of COVID- 19, you must keep your child home from school and contact your child’s health care provider immediately.
- Please continue to report all COVID-19 cases to your school nurse.
April 28, 2021:
Bensalem Township School District is offering free summer enrichment programs for students entering 1st grade through 12th grade.
Please use the below links to sign up:
- Click Here for Elementary Registration
- Click Here for Elementary Registration (Espanol)
- Click Here for Secondary Registration
- Click Here for Secondary Registration (Espanol)