School Board Action Meeting - Click for More Information
- School Board Action Meeting - Click for More Information
- 3/24/2021, 7:30 PM
In order to ensure public safety during the COVID-19 crisis, until further notice, all Committee Meetings, Work Session meetings and Action meetings of the Board of School Directors of Bensalem Township School District will be held as a virtual meeting utilizing ZOOM.
• The public is invited to view the meeting on the District’s Channels, Comcast 28/Verizon 32, and through livestream on the district website: https://livestream.com/accounts/26936088/events/8247846
NOTE: Public Comment New Procedures (effective 3/24/2021)
• Public comment link will be available once the Board agenda is posted. (2 days prior to the meeting) Copy and paste the below link exactly as it appears.
• Your comment will be sent to our Superintendent and School Board Directors to be added to the Board minutes. These comments will NOT be read aloud.
Effective March 24, 2021, Public Comment at School Board Meetings will be modified to accommodate pandemic safety measures. Please be advised that our modified Public Comment protocol, and per the PA Department of Health's face covering guidelines, requires members of the public to wear a face mask at all times when in the building.
Public Comment Protocol for Board Meetings: Effective March 24, 2021
Community members unable to attend in person to deliver Public Comment may complete the on-line Public Comment Form www.bensalemsd.org/meetingpubliccomment/. This form will go directly to the entire Board of School Directors and the Superintendent, and will be attached to the Board meeting minutes on BoardDocs; as such, all written Public Comment submissions will be available for review by members of the public. Comments submitted through the form will no longer be read aloud as part of the Public Comment portion of the Board Meeting.
NOTE: The Public Comment Form will be available 2 days prior to the Board meeting, and until the meeting is called to order.
Public Comment Protocol
1. Anyone who wishes to speak must sign up, in person, at the Dorothy D. Call Administrative Center PRIOR to the start of the Board meeting. When the last registered person speaks, Public Comment will be finished for that meeting. Anyone who shows up late will have to wait until the next Board meeting.
2. Overview of process:
Public will come to the Dorothy D. Call Administrative Center and register, indicating that they wish to speak during Public Comment. They will then be asked to either wait in their vehicle, or stand outside the building, maintaining a safe social distance from others. When their turn is close, they will be notified to come to the door. They will then be escorted inside. When it is their turn to speak, they will be allowed into the Boardroom. They will be given three minutes to speak. After they have finished speaking, they will leave the building.
3. The process for the public will be as follows:
A. Public will arrive PRIOR to the scheduled start of the Board meeting, which is 7:30 PM. (Budget Meetings begin at 6:00 PM)
B. Staff will be available to register those wishing to make Public Comment no earlier than 7:00 PM. (5:30 PM for Budget Meetings)
C. Public will register with staff – they will sign in with their name, address, and cell phone number. The cell phone number will be used to notify them when it is their turn to enter the building.
D. When it is their turn to speak, they will approach the microphone, state their name and address for the record, and make their comment. They will have THREE minutes to speak.
E. When they are finished, they will be escorted out of the building through the door they entered.