Immunization/Vaccination InformationThe Pennsylvania Department of Health has revised the immunization requirements for students effective the 2017 - 2018 school year. This revision replaces the 8-month provisional period for immunizations with the new requirement of a 5-day provisional period
As of August 2017, a parent must have all immunizations completed within the first 5 days of school.
If the student is in the middle of a series and it is too soon for the next dose, the parents must provide the school nurse with a plan for immunizations (signed by a health care provider) within the first 5 days. If the student has incomplete immunizations and no medical plan, the student will be excluded from school.
Children in ALL grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis (1 dose on or after 4th birthday) (DTaP)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given) (IPV)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
- 3 doses of hepatitis B (Hep B)
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity (History of chickenpox or antibody titer)
7th through 12th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap)
- 2 doses meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4)
- first dose prior to entry into 7th grade
- a second dose is required at age 16 or prior to entry into 12th grade
For more information visit: http://www.health.pa.gov/My%20Health/Immunizations/Pages/General-Information.aspx#.WPkEzEXyvIU