Varsity Head Coach: Lew MladjenVarsity Assistant: Jim RodgersJV Coach: Matt SockFreshman Coach: Matt Kirschner
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
Thursday, August 24th @ 6:30 pm
BHS First Annual Athletics Kickoff Event
- BHS is hosting a First Annual Athletics Kickoff Event. Location may change but at this time I think it will be in the cafeteria/auditorium. The school plans on having guest speakers to discuss NCAA Compliance, eligibility, concussions, return to play policy, and expectations. This will also be an opportunity for parents and athletes to meet the coaches from the various sports programs.
Wednesday, August 30th after school
First practice/tryout for Freshman Team
- This will be the first official day of practice for the Freshman team. All freshman should bring their gear to school and they may stow their equipment in their locker or in my class (or Coach Kirschner’s) until the end of the day. At that time freshman should get changed in the bathroom and be on the soccer field ready to go as soon as possible.
Thursday, August 31st @6:00 – 6:45(ish) pm
Boys Soccer Parent Meeting
- This meeting is open to parents/guardians of all players, freshman through senior. Parents should park in the lot adjacent to the soccer fields. One of the coaches will then direct you into the building. Important information for the season will be discussed at this time so please do you best to try and make it. Coming away from this meeting, I would also like to put together a parent booster group.
Saturday, September 16th, 8:00-10:00 am
Fundraiser – Applebee’s Flapjack Fundraiser
- Freshman players will receive this information as soon as the team is chosen. All other players will get this information next week but it is not a complicated fundraiser as long as each player does his part. We will also need parent volunteers for this fundraiser.
Team picture dates:
- Freshman Boys: Thursday, September 7th just before their home game against St. Joe’s Prep
- JV/Varsity Boys: Tuesday, September 12th just before their home game against CR North
- Please get out to the field as soon as possible on these days because pictures cut into our warmup time before the game.
- High school athletics is highly competitive and is for the serious athlete. Remember, being a competitive high school athlete is a full-time commitment. We have a practice, meeting, or game, every day after school during the three-month season. We also have games scheduled for Saturday’s, the occasional Saturday practice, and fundraisers. By deciding to play you are committing to soccer first, everything else (other than school and family) second.
- Fitness is paramount. Soccer is a running sport. We are not a track team but the track team should want our soccer players.
- Click here for a link to the Suburban One League boys soccer page. This webpage is your up-to-date source for league results and standings. Articles remain active for viewing for only one day after their posting.
- For the most up-to-date game schedules go to the following website and click the Fall tab at the top. Scroll down to boys soccer and click on the team you want to look at. http://bensalemathletics.org/
IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT ME PLEASE SHOOT ME AN EMAIL: email@example.com
- COACH MLADJEN
Last updated: August 21, 2017